Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sunday Night... Again... The Weekends Go Too Fast!

Good Evening All,

I am most excited about what I have created today... I hope it serves to help many teachers. As we all know there is much more emphasis on informational text than ever before. Not too long ago, I was scanning through Facebook and began to see these most interesting photos of the abandoned Six Flags Amusement Park in New Orleans. It has never re-opened since August 21, 2005. The pictures are absolutely breathtaking! When you see a few of them, I think that you will agree! Nevertheless, I wrote a short article (478 words) about the abandoned park and added a five question quiz!

I hope you all love it! Give me feedback to make improvements! I hope this is the first of many short articles that will engage a room full of readers!

Your students are absolutely sure to be engaged in this informational text! This is an informative article written about the abandoned Six Flags Amusement Park in New Orleans who closed its door on August 21, 2005, and was scheduled to reopen the following weekend on August 27th. With the forecast, the park braced for the storm and everyone evacuated. It has never re-opened. The article is 478 words long, has three photos with captions, and a five question quiz. The quiz has three multiple choice questions and two open ended questions which ask the reader to create a timeline as well as write a five to seven sentence paragraph. This text is sure to engage a room full of readers!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Informational-Text-Abandoned-Six-Flags-in-New-Orleans-1436601


No comments:

Post a Comment